Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sick Kids

My kids are sick. Kai is currently running a 102 fever. Sage had a fever last weekend. Turns out his was an ear infection--his first ever--and now has a residual cough. Kai is still up in the air. Since he can't 'catch' the ear infection (or so I've been told--I'm skeptical now) we are thinking it is just a virus. However, the doc is closed until Tuesday, thanks to dear old Columbus and his day.

It is hard having sick kids. I was up every hour with Sage just checking on him. He was *hot* and the meds only did so much so I was worried about him. Kai, well, let's just say Kai and I were up a LOT last night. He didn't sleep from 12:30 to about 5, so neither did mom. We walked, we cuddled, we nursed (yes, I'm still doing that), we watched Barney. I finally sent dad in to put the finishing touches on a very exhausted baby. Luckily dad is pretty good at getting him down to sleep. Also lucky is was the weekend. During the week dad is at work at night so it is all on mom.

I need (another) nap. I just hope tonight is better for all of our sakes. I tired mommy makes for a pretty grumpy household.

No comments: